Built with a 48 volt DC input, this inverter performs with very little power loss. Users receive a notable increase in efficiency in large systems when compared to using inverters that accept 12 or 24 volts. This can be an attractive feature for sustainability lovers looking to live as efficiently as possible and backed by an ETL certification to UL 1741 standards and two year warranty and tech support.
The most common use for this inverter is emergency backup power or off-grid systems for residences, businesses and remote power needs. You’ll always be prepared for the next power outage with access to 12,000 watts of continuous power and 36,000 watts of surge (for up to 20 seconds). AIMS has added a “pump” output for inductive loads providing a smoother start up for motors and pumps. The auto-generator start port is also a great feature for emergency backup power, as it will automatically kick on your generator when it senses your battery bank getting low.
However, we recommend recharging your battery bank with AIMS Power solar panels — a cleaner form of power.
One of the most sought-after features this inverter has is the direct-connect terminal block, which allows users to surpass the 8,000/12,000 watt capacity and harness its 300% surge power (up to 24,000/36,000 watts for 20 seconds as previously noted).
Have a hunting cabin or off-grid vacation home? This AIMS Power inverter is perfect for supplying reliable electricity to the entire house.
This inverter is also built to withstand reasonable heat and temperature fluctuations because of its over-temperature protection and dual thermally-controlled fans. And it’s protected from humidity or airborne dust and dirt by virtue of its marine-coated (or “conformal-coated”) boards. This inverter provides the reliability needed in any business or residential emergency backup power applications.
The inverter is split-phase and will output 110/120 Vac or 220/230/240 Vac, and it can output 50 or 60Hz via the SW4 dipswitch on the DC side of the product. This means that this inverter works internationally and is operable with nearly any electrical system on the planet.
- 8,000 Watt low frequency inverter 110/120/220/230/240 Vac Split Phase
- 24,000 Watt surge for 20 seconds -3x surge capability
- ETL Listed to UL 1741 Standards added safety
- CSA STD C22.2 NO.107.1
- Battery priority selector
- AC direct connect terminal block
- Marine coated and protected
- Multi stage smart charger 80 Amp
- LCD or LED remote panels available
- Three cooling fans – thermal and load based
- 60 hz or 50 hz selectable dip switch
- 10msec automatic transfer switch
- Mounting plate included
- Selectable 25W power save mode (hibernation)
- 8 battery charger settings AGM, GEL and lead settings included
- 4 stage battery charger
- 2 Year warranty
- Continuous output power: 8,000 Watt
- Surge rating: 24,000 Watts (20 seconds)
- Output waveform: pure sine/same as input (bypass mode)
- 100-110-120Vac / 220-230-240 VAC
- GFCI Outlet – 20A
- Nominal efficiency: >88% (peak)
- Line mode efficiency: >95%
- Output frequency: 50Hz +/- 0.3Hz / 60Hz +/- 0.3Hz
- Typical transfer time: 10ms (max)
- THD: <7% DC
- Nominal input voltage: 48.0 VDC
- Low battery alarm: 42.0Vdc-44.0 VDC
- Low battery trip: 40.0Vdc-42.0 VDC
- High voltage alarm: 64.0 VDC
- Low battery voltage restart: 42.0 VDC
- Idle consumption: 100 watts
- Power saver mode idle consumption: <25 watts
- Automatic transfer switch 50A @ 220/230/240V
- Bypass breaker 50A at 220/230/240V
- Output voltage: depends on battery type
- Charger rate: 80A
- Four stage smart with charge control dial
- Unit weight: 145.5 lbs.
- Unit size L x W x H: 23.3 x 16.3 x 7.9 inches
- Shipping weight: 190 lbs.
- Shipping L x W x H: 30 x 21.25 x 15.25 inches
2 Year Warranty